The Southwest ADA Center Regional Affiliate – Arkansas is pleased to partner with Ark-AHEAD to host the following workshop.
Web Accessibility in Higher Education: An Introductory Workshop
with Rob Carr
Friday, September 29, 2017
University of Central Arkansas – Conway, AR McCastlain Ballroom
8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This workshop will introduce participants to the major considerations related to web and digital access in postsecondary settings.
Workshop topics include:
- Standards and statutes that guide accessibility
- Challenges of creating and maintaining accessible web and digital environments
- Common barriers to web and digital access
- Technologies used to interact with web content
- Considerations when establishing digital access policies and procedures
- Web development professionals,
- Disability services providers
Rob Carr is the Accessibility Coordinator for Oklahoma ABLE Tech, Oklahoma’s Assistive Technology Act Program and affiliate of the Southwest ADA Center. Rob is an accessibility evangelist who promotes and teaches inclusion through technology. Rob primarily works with public sector entities in Oklahoma and with peer Assistive Technology Act Programs and Southwest ADA Center affiliates around the country. Rob provides training and support in a broad range of technology accessibility topics ranging from making web content more accessible to creating sustainable technology accessibility programs. Away from the web, Rob and his wife chase their two boys all around their hometown of Norman, Oklahoma.